Sunday 18 May 2014

A Taste of India

I am full of crafty happiness this weekend.  I have been learning some new techniques for blending my dye inks and have some new stamps and dies to play with.  The theme is "A Taste of India".

Once again Sheena Douglass has designed some lovely stamps and embossing folders that work well together.  She has also found different ways of using glycerin with card.  I have already tried her faux leather technique and made a book jacket as a gift for my mum.  You can watch Sheena demonstrate this technique on her YouTube video found Sheena's Faux Leather.

Her latest discovery is using glycerin as a base before using dye based inks as it aids the blending process.  I have tried this process in the card I have attached here.



This first card I made I embossed some pearlescent card stock then used my Stazon Ink Pad over the surface to highlight the embossed area.  I then lightly sponged glycerin onto the card surface.  I used Adirondack Inks in Lettuce, Wild Plum, Eggplant and Stream colours and blended them all over the card.  This card came out quite pale in comparison to the second example.  The difference with this second example is that I didn't use pearlescent card stock which made the colours much stronger.  




I also used some H20s on this second example over the embossed areas to add some shimmer to the card.  I love the strong vibrancy of the colours.

Another card coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment