Monday 24 October 2016

A rusty bit of door garniture

Today I have been watching recordings of Andy Skinner demonstrating how to do mixed media with Deco Art, Tando Creative and Stampendous products that I recorded from the Hochanda shows I watched in August.

I started with a simple technique of decorating a greyboard heart.  This greyboard is really nice material and takes paint well.

First I use a single coat of Deco Art grey paint on both sides.

Once dry I used some candle wax to create a resist where I wanted to create the aged weather look.

Then on went a coat of chalky white paint.

A little scrapping off the paint around the ages revealed the undercoat.

I then used a weathered wood effect stamp by Stampendous.



Followed by overstamping it with another stamp in the second stamp set I had.








Finally the last job was to dilute a little Quinacridone Gold and Paynes Grey paint and produce a light wash over the surface.

I don't know what I am going to do with it but really it is all about learning different techniques and building confidence.

The next project I did was more impressive.  I have made a rusty looking piece of door garniture similar to one in this screenshot from the show.



Here is my piece of artwork.  I quite like this but what do you think?  Again, I don't know what I shall do with it but it is about learning different techniques.

















No comments:

Post a Comment