Monday 20 March 2017

Does your bottled glue get blocked up?

How many of my readers struggle applying glue neatly when sticking down very fined detailed elements on their cards?  I hold up my hands and say I for one do!  For me I find it always happens when I am applying the finishing touches to a card such as sticking on the sentiment and end up with either having used too much or too little glue.

I have tried various methods to make the finished job look as neat as possible.  Such as applying the glue to a surface first, such as the back of my hand, and then applying the sentiment to the glue but this isn't perfect or ideal.

The glue I use is the Acrylic Glue by Cosmic Shimmer which is a really good glue and suitable for all craft projects but I find the nozzle often gets blocked and I get impatient and end up cutting off the end of the nozzle to free up the glue again.  Sometimes this has led to the nozzle end being too large and then the glue flows far to fast.

I am going to share a secret with you now.  One that I think you will want to try for yourself.  I have found a solution to this problem which I make no claim to inventing.  My gratitude is to the lady that passed down this tip to me who was demonstrating at a Craft Show I went to at Westpoint, Exeter.

Here it is:


What you are looking at is a small glue bottle with a fine tip.  I decant my glue into this bottle then store it upside down in the very small pot to the right of the picture.  Now for the secret - the glue doesn't dry out and the nozzle doesn't get blocked because there is some blue tack in the bottle of the pot.  Immediately after I have finished using it I turn the bottle upside down and place it back in the pot.  Such a great tip to share with my fellow crafters.  You could equally use a wine glass instead.  The trick is the blue tack!


You can buy three of these glue bottles in a pack with the fine tip for £4.50 from Pink Frog Crafts and Cards.  With the additional ones why not also use this method for your Glossy Accents.  I have heard that works too but have yet to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment