Saturday 12 August 2017

V Stitch Crochet Blanket

Hi everyone

I am sharing with you today some work-in-progress.  I am making another crochet blanket and I am crocheting it using the V Stitch.  The stitch consists of trebles and chains and so is nice and easy if you are a beginner or don't have time to follow complicated patterns.  This blanket is being made for a family member.  It is also a design that I have been keen to try.

I started my blanket by chaining 198 stitches as this is divisible by 3 and then added 4 stitches for the first turn on row two. I used stitch makers every 20 chains so that if I lost count I could easily see where I am without having to recount from the beginning. 

I am going to use a different colour yarn each row which makes the stitch more prominent.

These are my colour choices:


  • Storm Blue
  • Cloud Blue
  • Pistachio
  • Meadow
  • Stone
  • Mocha
  • Camel




I buy my yarn from Deramores and I am using Stylecraft Special DK, which is my yarn of choice for crocheting blankets.  I like to wrap the yarn around these clothes pegs and label them.  Then I can play around with different colour combinations which is how I came to using these ones.

Here is where I have got to after 4 hours of crocheting.


If you want a guide to doing the V Stitch then look no further.  this is a great tutorial and also guides you with how many stitches are needed for the pattern.

https://youtu.be/LQTl4zJTI90

No comments:

Post a Comment