Monday 4 September 2017

Crochet Cupcake Keyholder

I keep my keys to hand so that I can access them easily from the side of my powered wheelchair but I felt that they looked a bit unsightly so I decided I would do something about it.

I searched the internet for ideas and came across this idea to crochet a cupcake key cozy designed by Emi Kanesada (Enna Design).  I purchased the pattern and bought the essential wooden bead, cord for the strings and split key ring.

The pattern is available here

Although the pattern is in English, it is also in US terms so you may need a conversion chart such as this to assist you.



I used a 3mm crochet hook as suggested and this is what I created.



The idea is that the keys are hidden inside the cupcake until you need them and then you just pull on them and they come out like this:



It is the coolest design I have seen.  I have decorated mine using sequins but you could just as easily sew on some beads if you wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment