Saturday 23 March 2019

Grey Blanket by The Patchwork Heart

I fell in love the colours of the grey blanket posted on Patchwork Heart's website made up from using Stylecraft DK in lovely bright colours of spice, parchment, meadow, petrol, silver, lime, storm blue, mocha, grey, denim and graphite.  I added my own twist by switching pistachio for denim.  

To avoid duplicating the squares with the same colours I created a spreadsheet and worked out a pattern for the colours.  By using  the "CountIf" feature in Excel I could then see how many occurences I had of the different colours and also balance this out over the rounds.  

I joined all the squares together as I worked the last round in grey and did the wave pattern on the final round of the edge.  

Here are some photos of my work as I went along.

Thinking about the layout of the finished squares back in January. 





Following this I individually soaked each square and laid out on a frame to shape them as they dried.

In March I started joining the squares beginning with row 1 working left to right.  

I joined the second square to the first after I have crocheted around three sides of the first square.  This first square will be in the top left corner.  I follow this process for all the squares in the row until I got to the last square. When I worked the final square in the row, I just worked the two edges.  

Row 2 - Working from right to left, I began joining the first square in the row directly beneath the last one I worked in the row above.  After two rows of joins are completed I worked a row of trebles across the entire row (left to right) so that the joining began on the third row from right to left.






You can find out more about joining as you go from this blog site page.

After all the rows were joined I completed the edging where the joining had not included the edging on the other three sides. Following this I did a number of rows to give it a border and then finished it off with a wave edging.




The blanket was soaked and laid out to dry to let the yarn settle into place.  It's now complete and ready for sale.

Here is the finished product, Enjoy xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment