Tuesday 25 June 2019

Asterflora Shawl

I recently bought a sleeveless evening dress from Boohoo to wear to an evening wedding reception and had been pondering on what to wear with it just in case the evening was a bit on the chilly side.

After the success of making one shawl, I decided to make another one using a pattern I had for the Asterflora Shawl by Amy O'Neill Houck.  Full video tutorial and instructions are available on www.BluePrint.com, a website dedicated to learning new skills.

I already had this lovely multi coloured yarn from King Cole called Riot so it was just a case of getting to grips with the pattern and making up the shawl.  This is work in progress.  I stopped to take a photo of the yarn because it reminded me of a pineapple as it was unravelling.


It didn't take too long to get into a stride and within a week I soon had the shawl made.  Here is the finished shawl after I have blocked it. 


And another with the dress that I intend to wear it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment