Sunday 13 July 2014

Die'sire Christmas Dies

Crafter's Companion have some new Die'sire Christmas Dies which were being demonstrated on the Create and Craft shopping channel last weekend.  They were very popular with lots of sell-outs in the first hour. 

I was able to get my hands on three sets, O' Holy Night, Softly Falling and Christmas Eve.  I think the O' Holy Night is my favourite as you can make very traditional cards with it.  This die represents the birth of Christ in a stable with Mary and Joseph.  The embossing is truly wonderful.  I have made a couple of cards today which I am sharing with you and one of Softly Falling.   Christmas Eve is to follow.  

I set myself a personal challenge to mix old with new and so I rummaged through my stash of old paper stock and found something that adds a freshness in lime and orange.  Not traditional Christmas colours but I am pleased with the result.  I cut my dies onto A5 landscape card so that I would have an 1" overlap each side of the die.  

Here is the finished result of my cards with the die O' Holy Night.



I have hung the angel so it dangles in mid air.



The starry background papers work a treat here.



Here I made the card stand forward by folding the left and right edges back on themselves and folded again to create a concertina effect.  Then I glued it to the backing sheet ensuring that it would still lie flat for posting. I like the way that it has a natural curve as it stands forward.  

More will follow.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog by accident.. but I just love your cards.. Thank you so much for sharing..

    ReplyDelete