Sunday 27 July 2014

Humphrey the elephant

I have rather a lot of card kit collections, something I am doing my best to resolve.  I decided it was time to select a kit and make all the cards possible until it was all used up.  I chose a kit from Crafter’s Companion called “Humphrey”.  Humphrey is a very sweet little elephant so the style of cards had to be cute and pretty.  

In total I made 14 cards and one cracker which is suitable to hide a small gift in.



I used a die from Tonic studios to make the cracker and I was very pleased with the result.  I plan to make more using acetate so watch this space!



I thought this large topper would look good on an easel card so I dug out one of my flower shaped cards and preceded to make up the easel frame from two cards.  I then used two strips of Tattered Lace Edging Die around the outside of the frame to create a frame for the image and found a heart shaped punch to add some additional hearts to the frame.   I wanted the inside of the card to look as good as the front of the card and so I cut a piece of lavender card stock with one of my Tonic dies and put a sentiment in the middle.  This needed raising slightly to create a rest for the front of the card to sit against so I cut some additional sentiments in thick card and glued several layers together.  

Once I got going there was no stopping me and so these cards came next…..



This one is crying out for a die saying daughter on it.  Must put it on my shopping list.



I am not overwhelmed by this card I made.


On this one I used the Dotty Lace Border Die by Tonic.



Here I used a large die designed by Sue Wilson.


Can you see the word "sister" on the flags?  These are Tattered Lace dies.


Very cute!


I love the Die'sire Create a Card dies and have used "Aurora" here.  The aperture seems perfect for small toppers.  The sentiment is by Cherry Lynn Designs.


Another cute one, perhaps for a sweetheart!


and again this time I have decoupaged the topper and used the die "Twisted Twine"  Square from Tonic.


This really didn't need much more than matting and layering and adding a sentiment.


This is another Die'sire die called "Decadence" which is so pretty.



This die is from Tonic and called the Deco Frame "Ivy"  It is simply stunning.



and finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment