Tuesday 6 January 2015

It's a Dog's Life

Happy New Year!

Occasionally we come across things that sparks memories of early childhood and for me it was one of the toppers in this card collection that I was working on.  Our family pet was a German Shepherd and she was called Jackie.  Such a sweet natured dog that seemed rather big in relation to minnie me! She was very well behaved and never jumped up on me or caused me to fall.   She had a rather large mat to lie on by the front door and was a good guard dog.   I made this German Shepherd topper into a card for someone special in mind, my dad who is going to be 80 this April.  I am hoping it too will bring back some happy memories for him. 

These doggie toppers are from a craft supplier called Kanban and the set is called "It's a Dog's Life".  I have been working on these cards post Christmas so they haven't taken too long but I haven't completely finished them.  Next comes the job of putting in the inserts.  A card isn't finished until it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside.  After this I will put them into cello bags and price them up for sale ready for my first craft stall of 2015, whenever/wherever that may be.

Thanks for stopping by.




Materials used are Papermania Paper; Sue Wilson dies "California collection" and "Finishing Touches bow".



Card stock from "Die Cuts with a View - Preppy Princess". Frame die from Tattered Lace "Starlights Collection" and Sue Wilson "Classic 3D" Finishing Touches Bow die.



Here I used a Tattered Lace "Delicate Snowflake" embossing folder onto vellum paper and then cut around the embossed flowers.  Now, to add a sentiment or not, umm!


This is another bow die from Sue Wilson's collection of Finishing Touches Bows known as the "Lattice Bow Die".


Here I have gone for a different look and feel and used my card stock shaped like a stamp.  I have designed this to be suitable for a male.


Another card using a "Finishing Touches Bow".


This card is made using Tonic's Verso Die-Delicate Lattice Oval Die.


These beautiful butterflies are part of the Tattered Lace Starlight Collection.


The background paper is from Die Cuts With a View and the Die is a Spellbinders.



Again, more background paper from Die Cuts with a View and this time the die used from my Tattered Lace Starlight Collection is cut using a cream colour cardstock.


I love this burgundy chequered paper which came with the toppers.  Another bow from the Finishing Touches collection.


A chance to use my newest die from Sue Wilson New York Collection Times Square.  The topper fitted snuggly in the centre and then I used the outer frame to give the die a border.  My bow maker makes fabulous bows, don't you think?


A card that it is in a frame.


And another!


I pondered for a while about how to use this topper then decided to use a matching card blank which I embossed.  I then used a corner die (Sue Wilson's of course!) and cut out 6 and joined them together to edge the card.  Looking at it you would have thought it was cut from one die.  Quite a clever use of a corner die I thought.

Another card using Die Cuts with a view paper for the background, Kanban card stock and a Finishing Touches die.


I love this lilac card stock, it was in the paper pad from Die Cuts with a View.  a perfect match for this topper.

Same design as above but using Kanban card stock and on this one I left off the bow to make it more masculine.


The same here


and here


Here I have used a die from Crafter's Companion adding tiny gemstones to reflect the embossed pattern.


This time I put ink through the die before releasing it.

Well that's the sum of a week's work.  If you have a favourite, I would love to hear which one.

Happy Crafting, Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment