Saturday 7 February 2015

Crochet a neckwarmer

I recently stumbled upon a knitting and crochet community whilst I was looking for a crochet pattern to make a neck warmer.  The website I found my pattern on is called Ravelry.  Here I found photos of people's completed projects including the neck warmer I wanted to make.  This was reassuring because I had an insight on to how people got on with the pattern and what wool they used.

I used the wool recommended which came from Peru and made from Alpacas.  It was £2 a ball and I used 4 balls.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/134-8-silver-shells---neck-warmer-with-fan-pattern

Here is my finished neck warmer.  I added some pom poms as I had a small amount of wool leftover.  It sits comfortably on my shoulders which is what I wanted in a neck warmer.  It took about 8hrs to complete.



Here is a close up of the neck where I started.


This is the finished edge and a close up of the pattern.



and finally, this is it laid out.





No comments:

Post a Comment