Sunday 22 February 2015

Distress Ink Storage Solution

I have been looking high and low for alternative ideas to store my most used Distress Inks.  I already have a useful storage rack but struggle to get at it in my wheelchair.  What I need is something tall and narrow so I could pull it out easily enough from where I sit and craft.  Failing to find the right product I decided I would have a go at making something myself.  



I started with a piece of card cut down to A5 in size.  Using my score board I scored the card at 9cm and 11.5cm and made a cut line at 20.5cm  (9cm x two plus 2.5cm for the depth).  I then scored 2cm in from each long edge.
  
 I folded the score lines and made cuts to make it easier to glue together like this.

Then I used a circle die and made a cut out along the front edge to make it easier to grab the die from the shelf once constructed.   I started joining them together like this




Until I had them stacked 10 high.






























To add stability I cut some card and stuck this to the sides of the box and then decorated it with some pretty card.

Finally, I coated the storage unit with some Mod Podge which is a waterbased sealer, glue and finish.


Here is the finished item complete with my Ranger Distress Inks.  I am very pleased with it, I can get them out easily enough and now keep those I use often, close to hand.


1 comment:

  1. Hi I tried your storage idea for to keep your stamp pads in but it did not work out its a very good idea many thanks Janette

    ReplyDelete