I have this tree which came from Hobbycraft. It was purchased with the intention of providing all year round interest by hanging different things on there according to the seasons. At Easter I adorned it with hand decorated Easter Eggs and a crochet Easter chick and chicken and since then I have been busy making little bird houses to hang from the branches.
Here are the houses:
I used a template of the bird house that came from the Hobby House Bird House Wreath Kit.
When Christmas comes around again I have the option of hanging my handmade felt reindeers, gingerbread man etc or making some more houses but this time in red and white to create a nordic theme.
Ten top tips for the Hobbycraft White Tree
- Hang themed and yummy treats from the branches at kids parties.
- Use it as a reward for the little ones to hang stars from when they're good!
- Craft the perfect centre piece to your wedding or baby shower and ask guests to hang wishes from the branches.
- Add festive treats for Halloween or Christmas.
- Make a unique advent calendar at Christmas.
- Peg family photographs - and make an actual family tree!
- Hang your dazzling jewellery collection from it.
- Deco mache words and hang their warmly-themed sentiments from the branches.
- Get messy with the kids! Make handprints and cut them out to use as leaves.
- Craft origami or quilled flowers from paper to prettily nestle among the branches.
- Wrap coloured wool around it to reflect the change in season or room theme.
However you choose to decorate your tree, have fun!