Saturday 11 June 2016

Wedding Bells Lantern

I am trying to make a point of making Monday's my "Silhouette Monday Day" so I will keep developing my skills and knowledge of this machine and software.  

All was going well, I have had my machine since March and getting on well with it.  That was until it started crashing when I needed to use the text tool.  It became so bad that I couldn't use it without it crashing on me.  Fortunately the American owned company were very helpful and sent me some helpful instructions.  After a download of the latest version and some deletions of files, fingers crossed, it seems to be working fine now.  

So to my next project that has come about because I have a wedding invitation to an evening reception this evening and wanted to make my own card and gift.  The gift I have made is miniature bunting that is wrapped around a large cotton reel. Here it is wrapped around the cotton reel.  I preferred the cotton reel painted with some vintage chalk paint so I have now painted it (see below).



As you can see the bunting spells out "Mr & Mrs".


I then made a box to put the gift in using my Cameo Silhouette and a flourish card with the words Mr & Mrs across the front.  Both designs were purchased from the Design Store for 0.99$.  

It was nice to be able to finish off the inside of the card using the text tool, without it crashing on me!  The Wedding Bells Lantern was slightly enlarged before cutting on the Silhouette so that the cotton reel would fit inside it.  The panels were cut from vellum.



No comments:

Post a Comment