Saturday 4 June 2016

A Tangle a Day!

Tangling is very therapeutic and completely self absorbing.  Once you breakdown the construction into zones it becomes much easier than it looks.  

I just love the way it is used in art.  Many different tangle designs are used to create images that look wonderful like these examples.





So I am on a mission to try and learn some tangles so that I can produce lovely works of art like those I have shown you.


I have a set of tangle cards and this is the first one I wanted to try.  I have found an illustration of it on internet so it goes to show you don't need to invest in books as there is plenty of ideas out there. 



It looked lovely in black and white but I decided to colour it in using my Spectrum Aqua Markers.



It is suggested that you start with a 4" square and put little pencil marks in each corner and then join up the dots to make an area to tangle in.  The area then needs dividing into smaller areas, here I have made a triangle and started a tangle within different sections.  By the time I got to the middle section of the triangle I was feeling quite bold and put two different tangles in this space.  



This final tangle looked very difficult at first to create again, I started off marking out a frame around the edge of the card.  I then draw a line down the centre, rotated and down the centre again.  I then draw a line on the diagonal from corner to corner and rotated the card and did this again.  Now I had the sections marked up I was able to start working within them.  


I draw from the bottom, almost to the top, slightly curving my line as I approached the diagonally drawn line and finished by marking a circle.  I then came in from the other side of this area I was working in and drew another line so the line alternate, first to right, then to the left etc.  It is really effective. Hopefully, the illustration above that I have found will show you what I mean.



Finally, here are some tangle cards I have made to use as a resource.





No comments:

Post a Comment