Wednesday 7 December 2016

Chloe Christmas Stamps

Today I am sharing with you a few cards I have made using stamps by Chloe.  These require the use of Embossing Ink and powders.  I like working with the WOW Embossing Powders.

Some useful tips on stamping and embossing:

Be sure to use an anti-static bag over the surface of the cardstock before stamping.  This ensures the Embossing Powder only clings to the card stock where the Embossing Ink is.  Brush off any excess with a fine paintbrush or gently blowing.   

Before melting your Embossing Powder try leaving your heat gun running for a few seconds to get it warmed up.

When using your heat gun don't keep it too long in one place.  As soon as the Embossing Powder begins to melt, move onto the next area.







This last card is an inside out card.  I have used Chloe's stamps to decorate on the front along with some of the Stylish Silhouettes I had from Hunkydory.  These snowflakes were covered with silver Embossing Powder.


You get a big surprise when you open this card as you can see by the picture below.




I was thinking that I could the Die'sire Christmas 5x2 Christmas sentiments as panels on either edge.  I have seen this on sample cards and it looks amazing.  Perhaps Let It Snow and With Love would look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment