Wednesday 14 December 2016

Die'sire Create a Card Christmas "Cut in" Dies

Here is a collection of cards I have made using these dies.  I think I could do with the new Gemini as I did struggle to cut these on my Craftwell Cut "n" Boss machine.  However, I can't simply replace my Die Cutting machine for the sake of it so I shall have to be careful what cardstock I use with them as they don't particular cut well on heavy weight cardstock and this has been most disappointing. 

I don't own the complete set of eight, just these four as used in the card samples below.
 



I created the background template using my Cameo Silhouette so that the side panels were the right size for the small Christmas Tree dies.



I felt there was something missing from this card until I had the idea to use some vellum behind the cut out.  Now I am happy with it.



I found some dies that complimented this snowflake die in my collection.  It is likely to be a Sue Wilson die.



Another almagamation of Sue Wilson dies were used in making this card.  I prefer the decorated tree in this sample.



As you can see I put a solid background behind this die.  I am wondering if they look fine without any sentiment or maybe a little odd!


This sample doesn't have a velum background.


Or this one.  Even though I had a few problems with the cutting, it helped when I purchased a metal shim.  Off all the dies I own and despite the problems I have experienced in getting a clean cut, these are amongst my favourite Christmas dies and I hope you like them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment