Monday 7 May 2018

Mrs Frizzle Practice

I am busy working on two crochet projects at the moment so haven't been fitting in anything else of late until today when I settled down and made this recycled card.  

I had a rather lovely card for my birthday last month from my brother and was reluctant to just throw it in the drawer where I tend to keep most cards I adore.  No, I had an idea almost immediately on how I could re-use the elements on this card.

I realised that the Craftwork Cards Texture Pad was going to make very similar background that the existing card had so I cut out the butterfly so I could adhere it onto the card.  I also re-used the side panel and made a tag from part of the original card.  I had some lace rub-ons that I had had for many years and though this was the appropriate time to use these.  

Since the original card had the wording sister on it and I wanted to the words "Happy Birthday", I purchased the Mrs Fizzle Practice" font from the Silhouette Design store and then used a sketch pen to write on the texture card.  It was straightforward from here on in, just a case of sticking all the elements back together again and writing a sentiment for the inside.

Here is the finished card which I am very pleased with.



No comments:

Post a Comment