Sunday 22 April 2018

Bookatrix Cards

It is surprising that although the Bookatrix card has been around for some time, it is a style of card that I have never made.  Even more so when you consider that I have a Bookatrix embossing board yet never tried it out.  This style card works particularly well for special occasion cards like weddings, special Birthdays and Christening cards and I felt quite inspired by the ideas on Pinterest.

Back along when the craft room had a clear out I decided that I would make up a few Christening cards as I had some card toppers that I needed to make use of.  The first couple of cards I made suited 6x6 cards.






Since the remainder toppers were larger, I needed another solution for them. These toppers consisted both of an image and matching wording and I felt they would sit well together on the front of a card.  That's when the idea of making a bookatrix card came into play.  

I then realised that the image was too large to fit on any card I made using my Bookatrix board  so I turned to the trusty Cameo Silhouette which would enable me to create my own Bookatrix to the size necessary.

Now that I have created my own template I can make as many as these as I wish although they will need some presentation boxes made up too!  

Well here is the big reveal, dah dah!




I had fun making these cards and decorating them with flowers.  I like the stands that they sit upright on.  I don't have a die for these so I ordered 10 of them from Ebay and have another 10 on the way in white.  



All that is left now is to make the presentation boxes for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment