Wednesday 11 July 2018

Slouch Bag

I wear my Very Berry handmade slouch bag with pride since it was one I made for myself.  It was made to fit on the back of my wheelchair and has been admired by my fellow wheelchair companions.  It certainly adds something to what is a rather dull looking chair.



A friend who also admired my bag asked if I could make one for her daughter and since I enjoyed making my own I thought why not!

I decided I would go down a hook size on this project so worked on a size 3mm hook.  I didn't realise that it would actually use more yarn in the process so I ran out of purple yarn which I used for the base of the bag and instead, finished the top half in the pink.

Another change I made was to get some bag handles instead of creating my own.  I thought this would stop the bag sagging and it does work brilliantly.

Let's see what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment