Sunday 18 November 2018

Persian Tiles - Eastern Jewels crochet blanket

Back in the spring I joined a group on Facebook that were working on making the Persian Tiles, Eastern Jewels crochet blanket.



At first it took some time to get my head around the instructions / stitches but found with the support of the group and their postings, after crocheting a few motifs, it began to fall into place.  It was fun being a member of group that supports each other in encouraging them on and celebrating their achievements.

The blanket has been made as a gift to celebrate my mother in law's 90th Birthday today so it is only fitting that I post this on my blog on her birthday.  Happy Birthday Sheila!  

The blanket took me 3 months to make.  I planned to accomplish making a large octagonal tile per week but during some time off work, I managed to increase this.  The joining together was done on the reverse side of the blanket.

Here are some images of the completed blanket.







No comments:

Post a Comment