Sunday 6 September 2015

Accordion Card

 Here is a card that I was commissioned to make by a work colleague for family member. It is to celebrate a very special birthday so needed to be something out of the ordinary.  I was asked several months ago to come up with something so the timing couldn't have been better when I was able to get my hands on the new Accordion Dies by Crafters Companion.  

I had always wanted to create one of these cards but the only supplier of Accordian dies was Sizzix and their dies are really bulky for storage so I wasn't keen on collecting these, no matter what.

The topper was made from a stamp from Imagination Crafts.  This was stamped onto acetate and the back of the acetate was covered with gold glitter gel.  I then stamped the image twice more onto acetate and cut out the fuschias and again covered them in different coloured glitter gel.  I then layered these to create a decoupage image and finished the topper off by making my own fuchsia flowers from dies from Heartfelt Creations.  As the flowers added some bulk to the card I created a box to put the card in.



No comments:

Post a Comment