Saturday 5 September 2015

Sequined Peacock

Thanks to Julie Hickey from Craftwork Cards who has inspired me to use sequins on my cards.  You can purchase as many as 500 for as little as £1.50 from Ebay so a little can go a long way!

I originally made these two peacocks many months ago but didn't really like the mass of grey background so held back from finalising the card until I felt inspired.

Well today the inspiration came!  Why not use sequins on it I thought.  So I did.  I stuck them on with PVA glue and when it was set I then added some glossy accents over each sequin to ensure they would not fall off.  

I am so pleased with the end result.  I am definitely going to find more ways of incorporating sequins into my card making. I think a little bit of stickles in turquoise around the sentiment will tie it in better with the peacocks so I am going to do this later on.




No comments:

Post a Comment