Sunday 17 January 2016

Grooving with Groovi Plates

I've been playing with my Groovi plates this week.  They are easy enough to use and building up a scene is done the same way as with stamping, you start with the foreground first.  When it comes to using sentiments, it takes a bit of concentration.  My first couple of attempts were whilst sat in front of the television and I kept making spelling mistakes such as "farther" and not "father" and "Haapy" instead of "Happy"!

When I finally got it right I coloured in the areas using my Parchment Craft colouring pens.  It is nice and bright however I didn't like seeing the marks that the pens left.  It reminded me of the affect you get with non alcohol markers so I thought I would try making this again and use a different method of colouring.



2nd attempt coming up:




I am more happier with this one.  I have used my Faber Castell Pastel Pencils on the large areas.  I lightly added the colour and then used my finger to smudge it.  The overall affect is might lighter and I am happier with this.

Here is another card which I first coloured with the Parchment Pens 



and then this one where I used the Faber Castell Pastels.



Again, I prefer this as it doesn't distract your eye from the parching.

Here is an original I have made combining the Holly plate and the Laurel plate.  I liked the idea of colouring the background area (within the frame) as demonstrated by Barbara Gray on Honchanda.  




As you can see there is some curling going on so I am going to weigh them all down under some heavy crafting stash so they relax and lie flat.  Otherwise, it will be tricky to attach them to card.

Here is one I did a few months ago and have yet to mount onto card.


Well that's all the time I have for now, enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment