Saturday 14 May 2016

Butterfly & Dragonfly Cushion Covers

A new week has passed us by and I am writing about a new craft experience for me.  I purchased some lovely linen looking cushion covers from Hochanda recently with the intention of printing onto them using some stamps from Indiglo Blu and some of their fabric paints.  I also tried using my Luminarte Silk paint (all purpose paints) which work on a varety of surfaces including fabric.

I used Indiglo Blue's Raven Black Metallic Paint to stamp the lovely dragonfly, one of my own small butterfly stamps in the Indiglo Blue Kingfisher Blue Paint and the larger butterfly I stamped using the Luminarte Silks paint.

Before working with the paint I put a piece of 12x12 cardstock inside the freshly ironed cushion cover to protect any paint leaking through.  

I used some sponges to apply the paint to the stamp but it worked equally well and if I may say perhaps better, when applying the stamp to my craft mat area where I had some paint.  With this method your fingers kept clean and this is important in case you accidently get paint onto the fabric.

Anyone trying this for the first time, have a go on some scrap fabric so that you can get used to knowing how much paint you need on your stamp.

Here is the end result.  Some cushion covers for our home which I am very proud of and had fun making.




No comments:

Post a Comment