Saturday 21 May 2016

Decorated MDF Box



I have been getting really crafty with my latest project and moving into the realms of mixed media!  I had a box that needed decorating and I wanted to use some embossing paste on it. I searched through my stencils and found one that I liked both the scale and design of.  I then used some of my tacky stencil glue to hold it in place on the box whilst I spread the embossing paste (Dreamweaver product) over it.  The paste dries within one hour which means not too long to wait before I could start on the next side!


After I had covered all the sides and the lid I then used some grey paint, suitable for using on mdf, to cover the inside and outside of the box.  This product came from Imagination Crafts and it comes in a 60ml bottle.  It is lovely and thick and I highly recommend it because the coverage was excellent and gave a lovely finish. 


The final coat of paint is another product from Imagination Crafts called Starlights.  Starlights are a metallic paint that come in a variety of colours.  They have a super metallic finish.  I used the very beautiful teal and silver paints, dabbing it on and blending together to create different hues of blue.

Here is the end result.  I now have a decorated box and I am using it to put my Tattered Lace corner embossing folders in.





No comments:

Post a Comment