Sunday 17 July 2016

Paper cutting with the Silhoutte

I am really keen on the idea of trying papercutting.  I have been collecting inspiration on Pinterest.  However, instead of cutting out with a scapel, I plan to use my Silhouette to make all those intricate cuts for me.  All I have to do is design something!

Okay so lets start with something simple that involves joining (or welding as the term is known) several elements together.


I start with a heart shape.  I only need the outer edge so I create two.  I place the smaller one inside the larger one and when I weld them together and now I have what I need for the edge of my papercut.

Next I try different fonts until I find a font that will look good when I nudge the letters close up and then weld together.


Next I play around with different leaves and flowers but finally settled on one image that I particularly like.

I then resized it to fit inside the heart and found a spot where the text would fit in the available space.  The text, flower and heart shape were welded together and this is the end result.  I have framed it so it can go on the wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment