Saturday 23 July 2016

FabrIc Painting with Starlights Textile Fabric Paint

I've now moved on from painting cushion covers to my own clothes.  I brought some fabric paints this week from Imagination Crafts called Starlights Fabric Paints.  It is a water based paint with metallic sparkles and has a binder in it so that the paint is washable.  

I have plenty of old T Shirts in the wardrobe that needed a new lease of life and now they have them, take a look see!





This was the first one I made using a stencil from Imagination Crafts.  I started with the white pearl paint then some cyclamen then a tiny bit of sax blue in the middle.  The colours blend really well together.




Here I used another stencil from Imagination Crafts which is one of my favourite stencils.




After trying the paints on a few T Shirts I got out an old pair of jeans and found my poppy stencil from Clarity Stamps.  I love the dark topaz (browny paint).




This is another favourite stencil of mine from Imagination Crafts.  I used three colours on this working them lighter as I got towards the centre of the image.  Again, I used dark topaz and then used some orange and gold.  I feel like sewing on some sequins in the centre of the flowers.



I just love how this one turned out.  Here I used two colours, silver and the sax blue.




And finally another favourite stencil of mine was used to decorate this T Shirt.  I used the sax blue and green which are perfect for peacock feathers.  I may sew on some sequins on this too as it will make it look even more amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment