Sunday 10 July 2016

Papercraft Garden Bench

I don't mind a challenge, especially if I think it is achievable.  Despite still being a novice with my Cameo Silhouette I have produced some stickers for a local choir and recently set myself a  challenge of making a 3D garden bench.  This came about because I didn't want to wield a scalpel!

I had been inspired by a bench that Neil Burley had made for Craftwork Cards.  It was one that started out as a window box card.  Paul saw beyond this and created a sweet little bench.

I too could have made one with the window box cards but as soon as I set about using my scalpal I knew I would not be able to do a very neat job.  This is really a job for the Silhouette.

I wanted my bench template to be cut from cardstock no larger than a standard A4 size of card as this is what we all have to hand.

I had a go at creating my trellis panels for the back of the seat.  It took the longest time.   After a few alterations to the design and template I came up with this little beauty. Now it may have taken me 4-5hrs to perfect and a few minor tweeks to each version before I was content with the design, but I have to say I am very pleased with it and inspired enough to have a go at making an edge-able card next.



Well, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment