Sunday 21 May 2017

Artist Trading Cards


I have used just about the last of my stash of Tulip elements designed and illustrated by Andrea Jayne Evans.  Some of the very small elements have been used to create Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) which is a new experience for me.  I have joined an ATC group and have made some ATC's ready to swap with others in the group. The group was set up by Jodie Johnson from Tonic after introducing some ATC dies on the Hochanda Show this month. 

Of all the various dies I have in my collection I find the Tonic ones are the best in terms of quality. I just couldn't resist owning these smaller dies which will be very useful in my crafty stash.

Artist Trading Cards are miniature pieces of art that are traded, not sold and are 2.5" x 3.5" in size so they are perfect for using up scraps and odds and ends that are so often left over after using a card kit.

Trading the ATC's is fun and a community of crafters are enjoying the swaps and making new friends.  I am also learning from the experience.  I can now upload my photos direct from my phone and share within groups I belong.  I have also found a reason to use Messenger too.  People who wish to send me a card (and vice versa) post a comment asking for whoever to contact them on Messenger with their address so it remains private to others in the group.


These are the ATC's I made using up my Tulip elements.  I have set up a page where a link to all my ATC's will be available from my Google+ photo album.









And heere are the cards I made.









        

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I don't know much about ATC'S but it looks like fun. I must pull my socks up and stop thinking and start doing lol. Blooming hard though when you're stuck in a rut because of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good place to start is have a rummage through your crafty stash for those leftovers that you felt were too small or didn't know what to do with. stick them all together and then look for inspiration from this. Another way would be to take a look at any old cards you may have stuck in a drawer and see if you can cut them into ATCs. There is a specific size requirement which I am sure you can find if you google ATCS. Do you have die cutting machine? If so, this will broaden your opportunity to be even more creative.

    ReplyDelete