Sunday 12 August 2018

With Thanks

These Vintage Bird toppers are absolutely beautiful from the Kanban Well Wishes & Celebrations card collection.  They have enough detail to demand they sat on an almost simple and plain background so as not to detract from their beauty.  

They are quite large toppers and I am no fan of making A5 cards because they are harder to store so I opted to use my 7x5 cardstock.

Next job was sourcing the background papers.  Something almost plan but with some detail was my thought.  I have the Kanban pretty in lace collection and found the colour papers were a perfect match for using with these toppers.


I used this Spellbinders die to mount the toppers onto.  It is one of my favourite dies as it seems to work with a lot of toppers although I did have to slightly trim the edge of the topper so that it was a perfect fit.  I have a Pebeo wide tip silver marker and I used this to go around the edge of topper to give it a better look.

Here are my finished cards.









No comments:

Post a Comment