Sunday 9 December 2018

Mrs and Mrs

Today's wedding cards were made for a civil partnership and the card toppers are from Kanban called Mrs and Mrs. 

The three toppers in this set were a reasonable size and oval in shape so the challenge I had was finding a die to sit these on.  I have some half dies from the Crafter's Companion Die'sire range and used the Garden Party die on this occasion for all three cards.  

These are the cards I made:

This first one was made in two stages, I cut one half of the die out very carefully then placed the die next to it so it would be cut as one whole piece.  If you have a Gemini die cutting machine from Crafter's Companion it is possible to stop the machine and put it in reverse which means you don't squish the half that has already been embossed.



This second card I actually did cut the die out as two pieces and then joined together on the back before adhering to the cardstock.



I used the Die'sire fancy card blanks for this card so the edging die was put on outer edges and pink cardstock was stuck on the panel behind making the lacework stand out.  

These card blanks work really well with these Create-A-Card dies as you can put the dies through the machine without any worries of squishing your embossing.

This card opens out and has a sentiment in the centre.  I did mean to put the topper in the middle but hey, I forgot!



No comments:

Post a Comment