Saturday 15 December 2018

My First Crochet Cardigan


I couldn't be more pleased with the results of crocheting this cardigan pattern.  It turned out a perfect fit and took three weeks to create.

I crochet this using Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn which was nice to work with and would use again.  I used 7 balls of yarn 

When it comes to following crochet patterns my experience isn't always a good one.  I particularly struggle with some companies like Drops Design.  However, this pattern was designed by Sara Delaney and she talks your through every stage of the process within a video tutorial over on the Craftsy website.  You have every chance of being successful when you can follow this way!  

What was really helpful was her formulae for getting your sleeves to perfectly.  With her guidance you know how many increases to do over how many rows and how frequent.

The main elements of the cardigan were crocheted using half double crochet stitch which was made in the back loop of the stitches in the row below.   I created a faux ribbing effect around the edges of the garment by crocheting front and back post stitches.

The buttons are little elephants and were purchased on Etsy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment