Sunday 9 August 2015

Domed Cards

Here is a clever concept I have been meaning to try but wasn't sure how it worked until recently.  It is a card with a domed front which can fold flat for fitting in an envelope.

A piece of acetate is cut slightly longer than the width of the card and fixed in place down the left side using double sided sticky tape.  To hide this it is then covered with a narrow piece of black card. Then on the right hand side of the card another narrow strip of card is stuck down with only a thin strip of glue which is just enough to leave a flap which the acetate can tuck into. When the acetate is tucked into the flap it creates the domed front.  


I saw this particular card idea on the Create and Craft channel when Sue was on showing products from Imagination Crafts.  They are one of my favourite products as I like using their Sparkle Medium which is glitter in a gel suspension so it is spreadable.

The reason I choose this particular stencil to try my first domed card on was that the effect it created using the domed front and the stencil in reverse.  It actually makes the merry go round look like it really is going round.


First I used the Sparkle Medium on 6x6 black gloss card using the stencil then reversed the stencil and used it again on some acetate.  When dry I constructed my card.


No comments:

Post a Comment