Saturday 22 August 2015

Exploding Box




With this Gift Box template you get 7 dies which allow you to make an exploding box with a lid; it also comes with elements to decorate it. 

I think these are really cool and now the hard work of measuring and cutting has been eliminated, they are far easier to make. Having said this, this one below was a labour of love as it was experimental, being my first use of the dies.  The bow on the box was made using the Gift Bow template.



and this is what it looks like when you take the lid off!



I used my haberdashery dies to make the little sewing elements including the buttons and the mannekin.  These were cut from balsa wood and then decorated.  

I just love the use of blue and cream together don't you?

Crafty hugsxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment