Saturday 16 April 2016

Upgrading to Designer Edition


I am so excited as I have just created my first doily using my Silhoutte Cameo.  For £20 I upgraded to the Designer Edition and now I have more tools at my disposal.  I have just been looking into all the benefits of having upgraded so I am using this post as an exercise to illustrate what I can now do. I would like to thank the Silhoutte School for the tuition.

The Designer Edition offers a wide range of sketch pen options that are not available with the standard software.  Plus there are ways to fill in a sketch design to make it look like pencil, charcoal, scribble and so on.




Another benefit to upgrading to the Designer Edition has to be the Rhinestone feature. With a click of a button you can turn any design into a rhinestone design.  





There is a tool for putting a shadow behind your text.

The eraser tool options enable you to pick the shape and size of the eraser and use it create designs and patters.  My favourite element is manipulating the eraser so the design stays open or becomes a closed shape which give you more design options.





The knife tool has lots of options now.




The Shear tool looks fun as it lets you move designs to different angles.




Making the doily was possible by using the ruler and grid as I was able to use the crosshair feature and snap the guides to the centre of the circle.


The time I will save by using the nesting option and it will also save card when cutting as it makes best use of the space available.




The transfer properties tool will allow me to fill another shape with a colour or pattern already use.




I will be able fill a shape with a picture or pattern.

And finally, I have the ability to use SVG files.

What's not to like about upgrading to the Designer Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment