Sunday 1 January 2017

Beau Papier by Craftwork Cards

Happy New Year everyone!

I have had a break from making Christmas Cards for 2016 and turned my attention to finishing making cards from my Beau Papier paperkit from Craftwork Cards.  

Here are the cards I have made over the last leading up to Christmas.

This first one I kept very plain because I didn't wish to cover up the attractive paper.  The die I used is Petite Striplet - Jubilee by Sue Wilson.

I used the die on the white cardstock first.  I then cut the coloured card to size.  I placed this card behind the aperture and with a pencil drew through some of the areas that had been cut out with the die to give me an idea of where the striplet frame should sit.  I was then able to cut this to fit perfectly. 


This next one is one of my favourites.  I was down to the last few flowers and labels and came up with this concept in blue and pink.


Here I have used an edge die from Spellbinders and the heart is a Tattered Lace die.  I think it is one that would work well in the fold of the inside of the card.  These cuts were made using my Ebosser machine.



The next card I used the same edge die using the new Gemini.  I also had a new heart die from Sara Davis (Crafters Companion) Love and Romance Collection.

I have only used the machine a few times and found the pressure is a little too good.  I say this because it has left indentations on my magnetic sheet and also the plastic shim behind it! 

If you look closely you will see buckling on the card around the heart.  This happened when I used the embossing mat.  It also crushed the white card where I had the cuts made with the Spellbinder edge die.  I didn't like this very much and had to cover it over with the pink card. 

I may switch back to my EBosser machine if I can't get the quality cut I am after. The other niggle is that the white cardstock is picking up the outlines from the magnetic sheet of dies I have used previously.  Honestly, a few days use and I am quite disappointed.  What can I say that is positive about the Gemini.  Well, let me see, well I like the thinner embossing plates.  They make it easier to use.  


Here is a very simple card.


I really like this one.  The background paper is really versatile.  The dies are again from Spellbinders (the tree) and the houses are from Crafters Companion.




Another simple card with a little parchment craft thrown into the mix.


This is another favourite card I have made. I frayed the edges of some quality hessian cloth, put a topper on the top with a label and die cut an owl.


I think this card says it all.



And again here.




I used some cotton cloth on this card. It teams up well with the Kraftcard.   I used a die to cut Birthday Wishes and then set this within the topper having cut out Birthday Wishes first.  I love the colour combinations of the light brown and cream.


This is an Ege'able die from Crafter's Companion.  The button is so lovely, can't think where it came from.


Hello, simply gorgeous!



A couple more owl cards.



Pretty in pink.


Take some cotton fabric, lace and flowers and create a lovely card.



I was wondering what to do with my large butterfly and came up with this concept.




I had some lovely 5x5 cards to use with this kit. First in blue and then....


in pink.  This is a Spellbinders die.


With the paperkit came some card boxes to use as envelopes for those bulky flowers. These rolled flowers are great.


Here is another bulky one.


And not just any old card box. They matched the papers in the paper pad.  This one was decorated by me using a die by Crafter's Companion die.  I had 14 of these boxes in three different styles matching the paperpad.


Another simple card - is it too plain or do you like it as it is?  It definitely needs to sit in one of the box envelopes.



I found some cupcakes that matched the pink paper so I used my die from Crafters Companion Edge'able die and created this card.


More cupcakes that matched the 5x5 cards that came with the kit.


More mixing of odds and ends to create this lovely card.



Another little 5x5 card.




I have had a count up and realise that I have made 60 cards from this one paperkit.  I have four sheets of paper left over, a few paper flowers and sentiments.  

Not bad value for a paper craft kit consists of a paper pad, die cut toppers, sentiments, banners, flowers and 12 concept cards. Thank you Craftwork Cards. 

The rest of my collection can be found here


Note:  I prepared this blog entry a week ago and set a date for publishing it (today).  Since then I have been using my Gemini everyday and had better success as I have taken out the magnetic mat when embossing and this has made a better finish to the project.  Now I just need to replace the original magnetic mat and embossing mat that I damaged.




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment