Sunday 22 January 2017

Cameo Silhouette Project - Making Bendy Cards

Today I have a couple of cards I have made using my Cameo Silhouette to design and cut out the elements which work with the main background template for a bendy card.  

There is a fab design in the design store for a Bendy Card that has a picket fence with a natural curve on it.  I downloaded it and have used it on both cards below.  

The trees were spliced and melded to the card before cutting out in the forest green cardstock.  I then cut out some individual trees to add more interest to the card.





The houses on the next card were also cut on the Cameo Silhouette and I used some Cosmic Twinkles to add some snow detail.





Despite looking bulky these cards will fold completely flat for posting.   

Since scheduling this post I noticed in the last week that the craft company Tonic have produced some fancy dies that create the same effect, a bendy card.  These are called window box dies and come in a variety of decorative designs.   This is one example from the range. You do have to purchase the  slit die separately.   This looks like an opportunity for me to try creating something similar as a project in my silhouette software.




No comments:

Post a Comment