Sunday 8 January 2017

Festive Chalkboard collection from Craftwork Cards

I first aired a collection of my Festive Chalkboard Cards in October 2015.  In an attempt to finish making cards from this papercraft collection I have now attempted to make some more cards and almost cleared out my stash.

Here are the cards I have made starting with a tri-fold card.  I had several attempts at getting this right but following a demo on Hochanda I did get there in the end!  So I don't forget I am annotating how I did it below.

If you want to have a go then this is what you need to know. Start by folding your card equally into three so it now looks like a DL card.

Next you are going to use a score board to score a line at an angle.  This needs to be 7cm up from the bottom right corner and meet at the top of the left side of the card.  The purpose of the score line is two fold.  It acts as a cutting line at the end but also when you flip the card over you can see where to place your die.

Your Edge'ables have a cutting edge around the top of the die but not the bottom half. Place your Edge'able die on the card so that the start and end of the cutting lines meet up with the score line where either side of the die's cutting edges come to an end.  Make your first cut / emboss. See how I have used my die ink to make the image clearer.  This was done before releasing the die. 

Now flip the card over so you work on the back.  Use the score line as a guide to line up your Edge'able die again.  Make your second cut / emboss.  

Now use your scissors and cut away the top half of the card above the score line.  All that is left is the decoration of the card.




This is one of Sue Wilson's Christmas dies.



Kraftcard works quite well with this collection as demonstrated below.



What a warm feeling you get from this card.


I used my Cameo Silhouette to make this card base.




Maybe I should jazz up this tree too! However, I did do more to make the postbox stand out after I had photographed it.




Ah, romantic or what!



Again, another card I did some more work to after I had photographed it.  I used some detail Sparkle on the branches of the tree to make them sparkle and shine.




These stars are Edge'able dies from Crafters Companion.  So useful!




Another base card created with the Cameo Silhouette and then decorated with papers.



I love using deers on my Christmas Cards.  This postbox was jazzed up.  I found a small tag with the words "North Pole" in the paperkit so I used this on the post box.



Another excuse to put a deer on my card.



You can see more photos from this collection from my earlier blog of these cards by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment