Sunday 1 April 2018

Cosy Stripe Blanket


I am in the throes of making crochet blankets as gifts and have just finished making a Cosy Stripe Blanket.   The design and pattern for this blanket is courtesy of Lucy @ attic 24.    I have made this one for my niece Charlotte who wanted me to crochet it in colours that would remind her of the sea and sand.  I buy my yarn from Deramores who have always giving me great customer service.

These are the colours used:


  • Stone
  • Cream
  • Sage
  • Silver
  • Mocha 
  • Storm Blue




Storm Blue is my utmost favourite colour to work with and I enjoyed using these colour combinations.

The pattern uses one crochet stitch, the treble.  There are two rows of crochet for each colour which I liked as it meant less ends to sew in!   

I followed the instructions and chained 198 for the foundation row; starting on the 4th chain in from the hook as the pattern is a multiple of 3.  The turning chain was counted as a stitch and you work each row with a stitch count of 196.

When starting row two you should ignore the stitch at the base of the chain 3 and work into the next stitch along.  

When coming to the end of the second row of trebles work the last stitch into the top of the chain stitch.

Change colour yarn for the 3rd row and chain up 3 and crochet a treble into the same stitch as the chain.  Skip the next two stitches and work 3 trebles into third stitch and then repeat this (skip 2; 3 trebles into next stitch until you reach the end of row.  You only work 2 trebles in the very last stitch.  Chain 3 and turn the work to begin the fourth row.  Work 3 trebles in the next chain space and repeat to the end of the row where you work 1 treble into the top of the last treble.

When working row 5 which is a repeat of row 1 it is important to note that you do not work the last stitch in the top of the 3 chains at the end of the row.  

If in any doubt visit Lucy's blog at Attic 24 for full instructions and step by step photos.

I found that it took me around 2 hours to crochet 4 rows whilst watching television.  It does crochet up in about 4-5 weeks and there are minimum ends to sew in afterwards.

The edging is another creation of Lucy's and instructions can be found on her website.

Here are some photos of the finished blanket and my thanks to Lucy for the inspiration and the free pattern.









No comments:

Post a Comment