Saturday 31 August 2013

Flower Pot

It may not be a catchy title but when you see the image, you won't help but smile!

This is another card I enjoyed making from Debbie Moore's Shabby Chic Garden Bookazine.  It took a bit of patience from me as I needed to wait for my Pinflair Glue Gel to dry but my patience was finally rewarded once it was complete.  

This was also my first go at using Print Magic by Debbie Moore.  It is an ultra fine embossing powder that I sprinkled onto the flowers and set with a heat gun.  I have had this product for months but not yet used it.  I recently saw Debbie using it on C&C TV and thought, I must have a go at using this.  

I admit to also having a collection of Debbie Moore bookazines still untouched.  They are like a keepsake item really, full of ideas, papers and toppers.   Now that I have started using the Garden Bookazine I may well have to indulge myself and buy another copy just to admire it.



You are probably interested in knowing how the flowers are held up.  I have used silver plated copper wire 0.80mm which I curled around a knitting needle (15cm length) before inserting it into a pierced hole on the fold of the card.  I then glued it in place and waiting for that to dry before gluing the flower heads in place.  

The card would benefit from a sentiment such as "Get Well Soon" but since I haven't decided who to give it to, I will wait before I do this.

Let me know what you think and if you would like to make one yourself, then grab a copy of this wonderful Garden Bookazine by Debbie Moore.







No comments:

Post a Comment