Sunday 1 September 2013

In the classroom

The first weekend in every month is reserved for the classroom.  It is an opportunity for me to try new techniques and improve existing crafting skills.  In the classroom with Barbara Grey appears on the Create & Craft TV channel 36. This weekend Barbara got out the Gelli Plate which is used for mono printing and demonstrated how you could combine the art of stamping with acrylic paints.    I followed along but I am not ready to share my efforts with you yet!    


If you are intrigued to know what you can do with this Gelli Plate then I recommend you watch one of Andy Skinner's video's on You Tube.  I have shared a quick link to it - "Deco art Traditions and Gelli Plates... a match made in Heaven!" 


Meanwhile, I had a go at something I am more akin to, stamping and brayering and here is the results.  

I was quite pleased considering I was following Barbara's workshop whilst it was being broadcast live.    

Both the Nativity scene and the jigsaw set were purchased from Clarity Stamps  as well as the lettering.  

Now I have had a go at the techniques, I may work on these designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment