Monday 7 October 2013

Parchment Craft #1

Considering I have spent the last week at home on my hols, I don't know how I didn't find time to write on my blog!  I almost achieved it in so far as putting my thoughts together in my head but that was as far as it actually went.  Despite being at home I found there were other jobs needing my attention including some book keeping for the wheelchair dance group I help run.  We have reached the end of our financial year so the Accounts needed balancing.  Who needs a CSE in maths when Excel can do the maths for you!    Anyway some of the things I planned to do will sit and wait for another occasion.  One thing is for sure I will never run out of crafty things to do.

Whilst on my hols I attended the Stitch, Sew and Hobbycraft event at Westpoint in Exeter. I got to meet Barbara Grey who often runs workshops on Create and Craft TV and I purchased even more of her wonderful Clarity Stamps. Barbara is appearing on Create & Craft TV this Saturday 12th October between 11.00-13.00 to do her “In the classroom” show and then again on Sunday 13th 09.00-11.00, "Stamping with Clarity". I shall be crafting along with you Barbara. I was so thrilled to meet Barbara and show her some of my artwork that I had made during her "live" on air classroom. I also got to meet a few other presenters from other shows but sadly not Debbie Moore.

Whilst at the show I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a short workshop to get me started in Parchment Craft.    Experiencing a fall back in the spring, I had a spell in hospital and whilst there felt bereft from my crafting materials.  I decided then, that I needed a portable hobby.  I had previously been drawn to Parchment Craft when watching Tina Cox on the Create & Craft Show make lovely Christmas Cards.  I had got as far as purchasing her patterns but needed a little encouragement to get me started.   The workshop was very useful and I was able to purchase some grids to get me started.  It seems easy enough to do but does involve close up work so I may need to invest in some magnifying clip on glasses to make it a little easier to see what I am doing. 

I made this card last week which I am really pleased with.  I haven’t finished it off because I haven’t decided on how best to write the sentiment.

Let me know what you think of my first attempt!



No comments:

Post a Comment