Sunday 29 March 2015

Craftwork Cards - Fab Fabric

I have had a fab week making cards using a papercrafting kit from Craftwork Cards called Fab Fabric.  Currently only available to crafters on the Create and Craft show I picked up this kit for £20.  This was the the four day deal price and it has now gone up to £35.  So the question you may be asking yourselves is does this represent good value for money. Undoubtedly I reply as you can make a minimum of 40 cards which I already have done and still have the potential to make quite a few more.  I can certainly see a profit in this kit.

The papercrafting kit comes with an A4 paper pad which is the first for Craftwork Cards.  Usually their pads are 8x8. There were also some pre cut cards shaped into cotton reels and sewing machines as well as lots of die cuts and toppers with butterflies, Scottie and Sausage dogs, buttons, cotton reels etc and templates to make dresses,

Here are a few of my favourite cards I have made.  The rest I have uploaded to my Pinterest page.  Which you can see here.  

I would like to end this post by saying I think this is the most fun I have had in making cards from a papercrafting kit in a while and hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have.

Crafty hugs from Crafty Tash


I used a Tattered Lace die here to tie the topper and sentiment together.  A small amount of gel glue gives the bird some shape rather than laying flat on the card.

Here is one of the cotton reel cards.   They are great fun to decorate. I have cut lengthwise 2cm strips from the paper pad, five in total and edged them with some Stickles glitter glue.  Once dried I have glued these all the way around the reel so the inside of the card looks as neat as the front.
Here is one of the sausage dog toppers, so cute.  For this card to stand out I trimmed the front edge slightly shorter so that when it closed it fitted neatly against the edging strip that I adhered to the inside of the card.  You can just see this (red with scallop edge).  Embossing the card first gave it some focus.  An idea I copied was to add another heart to the topper, one that was slightly larger which I covered in a product that leaves a glaze finish.
I have made a dress to fit my manekin.  I wanted to add a feel of depth to the dress so I cut two and layered it in a way that created folds of card (like material).  A card template for creating patchwork fabric was used to make this quilting effect.
This card required a bit of thought.  The background paper was really pretty but I didn't feel as if the topper elements would work that well with it so I decided to try something different.  I used my watering can die from Tattered Lace and then fussy cut all the little flowers from the background of the paper and stuck them on.  Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment