Sunday 8 March 2015

Making paper Flowers for cards

There are many ways of decorating cards with flowers.  If you want them to match perfectly with your own colour scheme then you can't beat making your own.  These can be made from stamps, dies or punches.  

With punches you can make almost any type of flower and today I had a go at making a crocus and a hydrangea.



I used a punch that looked like a "pear" and cut out 7 pieces for the flower.  The first was rolled tightly around a cocktail stick that was coloured green.  I then shaped and rolled the remaining petals around the stem.  Finally, I added some green stems for the leaves .

My biggest challenge was making a hydrangea flower head.  The small flower punches only worked with paper so I coloured the paper with ink.  I then used a ball tool to shape them.  Next I cut a polystyrene egg in half and started working from the centre outwards by glueing the flowers in place.  



I finished the centre of each flower with some glitter glue.

Here are a few others I have made.



Little roses


Clematis flowers
Red poppies
And finally some lovely fern leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment