Sunday 30 September 2018

Asymmetrical Poncho

I have a few asymmetrical ponchos that I have purchased which are a nice light weight and perfect for the summer.  With the winter approaching I have had a go at making my own based on the same shape.  The shape I was aiming for was a long but narrow piece of work that is large enough to wrap around the shoulders loosely.  Instead of joining the ends like you would if you were making a tube, instead you join half way across the length leaving an opening that your head goes through.    

The pattern is a repeat as follows:


I have quite short arms so you may want to make it wider if you wish to give this a go.  I chained 6x6 (36 + 7 for turning).

The yarn used is Bamboo Cotton by King Cole.  I needed 3 x 100g balls for this project.

Here is the finished result:



And this is what it looks like laid out flat.  From the image you can see where I have left the opening for my head.

       
And one close up:


I have edged the poncho with a series of shells made up of 6 trebles and piques.  Considering I created this design from ideas on Pinterest, I must say I am very pleased with the outcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment