Sunday 30 September 2018

Mermaid's Tail



In my crafty stash of yarn I had some Bernat Blanket yarn which I had purchased with the intention of making a cushion cover but I changed my mind and used some Aran yarn instead.  Then the other week I caught sight of a website where a Mermaid's Tail was being made in the very said yarn.  This gave me an idea of what to do with my Bernat yarn.

The website is called "The Crochet Crowd" and there is a video tutorial that you can follow that shows all the steps in making up this Mermaid's Tail.  A link to it can be found here.

The yarn is beautiful and soft to work with. I adapted the length of the tail so that it worked for me.


The tail looks realistic and has been created by crocheting into the horizontal bars instead of putting the hook through the two top bars at the top of the stitch. This creates a ribbing effect on both the front and back of the work.


I finished this project a fortnight ago and it has been lovely to snuggle into this in front of the television on these colder evenings.

This completes the trio of crocheted objects I have made in the last month so I hoped you enjoyed them.



No comments:

Post a Comment