Wednesday 12 September 2018

Natasha's Vintage Blanket

Work in progress
I am really excited to be sharing my latest creation which is another crocheted blanket.  I have been working on this blanket for the last three months and have enjoyed designing this one using vintage colour tones.  It feels lovely and weighty so great for those cold winter evenings!

The pattern is the granny stitch done in stripes of colours.  I followed guidance from Lucy at Attic 24 to ensure I got off to a good start and had no wobbly rows.    

The starting chain has to be a multiply of 3 plus 2 for turning.




The first row was is was done using the double crochet stitch.  Then it was a case of crocheting clusters of trebles across the row (missing 2 stitches on the first row) and then working in the chain spaces from then on.


I buy my yarn from Deramores.  I have used Stylecraft Special DK in the following colours:

  • Grey x 4
  • Pale Rose x1
  • Raspberry x1 
  • Mocha x1 
  • Parchment x 2
  • and a soft pink that I don't have the details of.

I have made this quite large so it will cover a single bed or simply make a decent size throw.


I used 4mm size hook
Starting chain 182 
178 rows


No comments:

Post a Comment