Sunday 8 September 2013

Time flies by too fast!

Ever wished that weekends were longer?  Mine is flying past and I also feel disappointed that I didn't find time to write a new post on my blog over the last week. I was busy preparing for my stall at the Exminster Market which took place yesterday.  It was good fun and I saw friends old and new.  Sales went well although I did feel it could have been busier.  I sold lots of cards including the two I made from Debbie Moore's Garden Bookazine which were recent posts.  I also sold a couple of my Beatrice Potter box cards, a bracelet I had made from Polymer Clay and some packs of my handmade buttons.  There were a good range of items for sale including homemade cakes, fudge, soaps and fish. 

Instead of getting down and crafting today, as well as doing the housework, I have busy sorting out the Christmas cards I have been making all summer long.  Looking back, it did seem rather strange to be adhering snowy acetate onto the fronts of my cards whilst we were enjoying a very pleasant summer. 

Some final touches were needed to some of the cards, including finding matching envelopes and cello bags and then the photography. Each card I make I like to take a photo off, upload it onto my PC and then give it a unique ID reference number. Why you wonder, well, if I note this reference number down when it is sold, I can move the photo into a "sold" album and I can see which cards have been popular or not as the case may be.    I do have one or two collections which have been non sellers!

Of the hundred or so cards I have made over the summer, there are two collections which are my favourite.  One is the Barkley Christmas Papercrafting CD-Rom from Crafter's Companion and the other, the stamp set from Sheena Douglass - A Little Bit Festive.  

I am going to sign off now leaving you with a some cards I have made with Sheena's stamps.  Do let me know what you think of them and thank you for stopping by.








No comments:

Post a Comment