Thursday 20 March 2014

Christmas Door and Wreath Tutorial


Question: 
How do you turn a window die into a door?

Answer:  

Follow this tutorial!

http://www.dipsdesigns.com/2013/11/christmas-door-wreath-card-tutorial.html

I love my Tonic dies so when I stumbled upon this tutorial "Christmas Door and Wreath Card Tutorial" last week I didn't care that it was far too early to be thinking about Christmas Cards, I just wanted to have a play at turning my window die into an actual door.

It took a few attempts to get this right but I think it was worth the pain!  It was also my first experience of hanging my dies over the edge of my plates to avoid them cutting into the card stock.  

 A window die with 4 panes has now turned into a door with 6 panels.  It is great how flexible this die can be.

I used some very expensive red velvet card once I had perfected the cut and I think you will agree it looks stunning! The card is called Red Velvet Card and 3 sheets set me back £2.50.  I had been saving it for my Poinsetta dies but since I have made two doors from one sheet it isn't too bad! The supplier is Pink Frog Crafts and Cards.  They have amazing card stock for printing on called Inkjet Printable Shimmer White Decoupage Paper.  The weight is 160gsm so prints without any jamming and the quality is great.  



Here is the door without the wreath decoration.  My gratitude goes to Dips Designs for sharing the tutorial with us fellow crafters.  Thanks Dips. 

Now I just need to decide whether to go with the wreath idea or not and make the background card for the door to sit on.  

Keep crafting, Crafty Tash




No comments:

Post a Comment